Getting to Grenada
Formerly known as Point Salines airport, the Maurice Bishop International Airport (M.B.I.A) is located on a peninsula in the extreme south-western section of the Island of Grenada and seven miles from the capital St. George's.
Almost all the villas on Grenada are located within a 15 minute drive from the airport. The cost of a taxi from the airport to the Grand Anse area is approximately 40 EC Dollar.
Grenada is located directly north of Trinidad and is the most southern of the Windward Island chain of the Caribbean Islands.
Grenada has never been more accessible. It is now serviced by most of the major international cities including New York, Miami, Atlanta, Toronto, Frankfurt, Atlanta and London.
For visitors wishing to fly onwards to the neighbouring island of Carriacou can take a short hop by inter-island charter to Lauriston Airport.
From the United States
- Toronto – Air Canada and Transat Airlines
- Montreal – Air Canada via Toronto
- Ottawa - Air Canada via Toronto
- Halifax - Air Canada via Toronto
- London – British Airways and Virgin Atlantic. Both airlines fly directly from Gatwick Airport.
- Frankfurt - Condor Airlines
- Trinidad – Caribbean Airlines
- Barbados – Liat Airlines
- Port of Spain – Caribbean Airlines and Liat Airlines
- Saint Vincent - Liat Airlines
- Antigua – Liat Airlines
- Venezuela - Conviasa Airlines provide a flight from Caracus once weekly.
Carriacou's Lauriston Airport is serviced by daily flights from Grenada and St. Vincent with SVG Air
VIP Jet Center Grenada
Grenada now has a brand new Jet Centre Facility located at Maurice Bishop International Airport for guests who wish to have the quickest and smoothest transition through the airport.
The facilities include:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Private Customs and Immigration Processing
- Private transportation to and from the aircraft
- Private Security check with state of the art screening
- Spa and shower facilities
- Deluxe catering options
- Comfortable lounge space
Required Documents for Entry Into Grenada
In order to proceed through immigration in Grenada, you will require a valid passport and also a return ticket.
In the case of Canadian and American citizens, a proof of citizenship bearing a photograph is acceptable.
However as mandated by the United States Homeland Security, all travellers from the USA must have a valid and up to date passport to re-enter the USA.