Destination weddings are becoming the weddings de jour for those who love luxury and the experience of something completely unique. The Caribbean has long been seen as the spot for couples in the know. Barbados is the ideal island to marry and to honeymoon as there are some many gorgeous ceremony and reception locations. The luxury honeymoon experience couldn’t be easier by renting an exclusive opulent villa in Barbados.
We would recommend that you select a professional wedding planner to help arrange your ceremony venue and details in Barbados. The beauty of Barbados is the flexibility of locations. You can get married in a church for a traditional ceremony if you wish, or you can get married on the soft sands of a beautiful beach or bobbing up and down on a luxury yacht. The options are endless and Wedding Planners we recommend include Weddings by Malissa, Sunflower Events, Island Bliss Weddings and Events Unusual.
VIP Concierge Services
At Exceptional Villas Barbados, we have a luxury concierge service to cater for all of your needs during your stay. We can organise a personal chef for in villa private dining and have the villa stocked with items that you might request. If your wedding party is small and intimate, we can arrange for a luxury gourmet meal to be cooked in your private villa on your wedding day. Flowers, champagne and any one of a kind experiences you are looking for, just ask we can organise it.
We can also arrange a VIP transfer to and from the airport to your villa and to and from your ceremony location. We have significant experience dealing with only the best suppliers on the island. If you would like a limo or private yacht excursion, we can arrange it.
Marriage Requirements in Barbados
The advantage of getting married in Barbados is that there is no required waiting period or minimum stay on the island before you can get married. This makes it a very attractive location as a destination wedding island.
- Before a couple make an application for a marriage licence they must make arrangements with a Magistrate to perform the wedding ceremony.
- A letter from the Magistrate must be presented at the time of making the application.
- A marriage licence application must be made in person by the couple at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Applications must be made between 8.30am – 3.30am, Monday to Friday.
- Couples must produce valid passports, birth certificates, and return tickets.
- If one or both individuals are divorced, they must provide an original copy of the ‘Decree Absolute’ or a certified copy of the ‘Final Judgement’.
- If one or both individuals are widowed, they must provide a ‘Marriage Certificate’ and a ‘Death Certificate’ in respect of their deceased spouse.
- The relevant church documents must be sent by your Bishop to the Bishop of Bridgetown for all Roman Catholic Ceremonies.
- All documents that are not in English, must be accompanied by a certified translation of the document.
Further information on the marriage requirements in Barbados is available from the Ministry of Home Affairs.