Anguilla is easily accessible from North America, South America, Europe and the Caribbean. Daily flights from these major markets connect directly into Anguilla with Cape Air or Rainbow Air Express from San Juan, or through St. Maarten with American Airlines, Jet Blue, Continental, Delta, US Airways, and Spirit Airlines.
Regional - By Plane
There are a number of options available for getting to Anguilla. Visitors can fly directly into Anguilla's Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport from Puerto Rico via Cape Air and Anguilla Air Services, or opt to fly directly to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas or St. Kitts for easy transfer to Anguilla:
- Fly from San Juan Puerto Rico via Cape Air and Anguilla Air Express
- Fly from St. Thomas via LIAT
- Fly from St. Maarten/Martin via scheduled and chartered air with WINAIR, LIAT, and Anguilla Air Services
- Fly from Antigua via LIAT
- Fly from St. Kitts via LIAT
- For visitors from the Uk, a good option is to fly direct with BA from London Gatwick and it’s a small hop from Antigua with LIAT Airways.
Exceptional Villas recommends flying directly to St. Martin for the quickest transfer to Anguilla. Anguilla can be reached from nearby St. Maarten in a chartered flight that takes only 8 minutes across to its pristine shores, with charter and scheduled flights offered by Anguilla Air Services and charters offered by TransAnguilla Airways.
Regional By boat
Many visitors charter boats privately from the pier near Princess Julianna Airport in St. Maarten to Anguilla.
There are also modest, private ferries that depart from Marigot every 30 minutes. There are regular ferries from St.Martin to Anguilla. It is a 20 minute crossing from Marigot, St. Martin to Blowing Point, Anguilla. Ferries commence service from 7:00AM. There is also a Charter Service, from Blowing Point, Anguilla to Princess Juliana Airport in St. Martin.
There is a night time sea shuttle leaves St. Maarten right by the airport every night at 10.30 pm. This sea shuttle meets the late daily American flight at 9.55 pm (in the Winter) that comes in from Miami and whisks you direct non-stop to Blowing Point in Anguilla. The cost is $85.00 per person and this includes meet and greet at the airport and the two minute transfer to the dock to board the sea shuttle.
There is also a sea shuttle leaving Anguilla at 5.30 pm that will take guests over to St. Maarten for dinner they can then return on the 10.30 pm boat to Anguilla. The price for the funtime dinner sea shuttle is $45.00 per person each way. Also a 7.00 pm sea shuttle from St. Maarten to Anguilla that connects with the Jet Blue and Insel flights from San Juan at $65.00 per person.
International Airlines into St. Maarten
- Toronto – Air Canada; Air Transat
- Montreal – Air Transat
- Paris – Air France; Corsair
- New York – American Airlines; Jet Blue
- Miami – American Airlines
- Newark – Continental Airlines
- Atlanta – Delta Airlines
- Amsterdam – KLM
- Chicago – United Airlines
- Charlotte – US Airways
- Philadelphia – Us Airways
- London – Change in Miami
By Linda Browne